Renewal Weekend Review
We shall look back the Renewal Weekend as a significant turning point for the Filling Station network. Around 180 people from 36 Filling Stations across the network gathered at the Open Doors centre in Witney. The sense of anointing on all that took place, the quality of the talks, the vision for the future, and the sheer excitement over what the Lord is doing has left us all rather overwhelmed.
The key points were:
- We launched: ‘The Friends of the Filling Station’. We would love to invite you to consider partnering with us as we seek to share the financial responsibility for this ministry across a wider base. You can find out more information and sign up either on our website or using brochures which are available from your local Filling Station,
- And we have a new Website – www.thefillingstation.org.uk. With a new look and increased functionality it also gives local teams ownership of their own page on our website.
- Next year we will be holding regional Filling Station Kingdom Days to build on what God is doing around the country. Then in spring 2017 we plan to hold another national conference.
- A most significant development in the past year has been the formation of new partnerships with several different national networks that share the same values as the Filling Station;
- Ffald’y’Brenin and local houses of prayer www.ffald-y-brenin.org.
- Westminster Theological Centre where students can study theology and be accredited at the highest academic level, but all in the context of the power of the Spirit and the kingdom www.wtctheology.org.uk .
- The ‘Hands at Work’ charity bringing practical help and service to some of the poorest communities in Africa www.handsatwork.org .
- A partnership with the evangelist J John that will facilitate him and his associates preaching the gospel at outreach events run by the Filling Station www.canonjjohn.com .
- The ministry of prophecy played a leading role in the weekend through members of the Glasgow Prophetic Centre www.glasgow-prophetic-centre.org.uk .
- We are encouraging the whole network to consider joining us in some form of (Daniel?) fasting during Lent 2016. Details to follow.
- And lastly, but of greatest importance: The Cross. Simon Ponsonby opened the conference speaking simply but powerfully on God’s great work of redemption. Whatever happens and develops with The Filling Station in years to come our first priority is this glorious message of salvation, and we will never depart from it.