We are very excited about July’s speaker, the celebrated theologian David Runcorn. He was
- Originally in business
- A vicar in West London
- A leader of the Lee Abbey Community Holiday and Conference Centre in North Devon.
- A full time lecturer and tutor at Trinity Theological College, Bristol.
- Director of Ministry Development in the Diocese of Lichfield
He is now Associate Director of Ordinands and Warden of Readers in Diocese of Gloucester, while continuing to write and speak.
David is an explorer of faith, trying to live from the edge, mixing silence, reflection and contemplative prayer with work, exploring what kinds of church will emerge from the present confusing times and searching for wisdom in how we can live and pray faithfully. He has published a number of books on areas of Christian faith, spirituality, prayer and human development including:
- Rumours of Life: transforming wounded people
- Spirituality Workbook: A Guide for Explorers, Pilgrims and Seekers
- Choice Desire and the Will of God: What more do you want?
- Fear and Trust: God centred leadership
- The Creation of Adam: Seven Guided Reflections from Genesis
We’re looking forward to a great evening. Do come along… you’ll receive a very warm welcome, excellent teaching and lots of cake… what’s not to like!