An invitation to a Daniel fast during Lent
‘While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them”. So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.’ Acts 13:2-3
This season of prayer proved to be a decisive turning point for the entire mission of God for humanity. Since the beginning of the Filling Station, our continued experience and testimony is that our special days and seasons of prayer lead directly to greater encounters with the Lord, more conversions and greater initiatives in ministry.
- Fast as you can! (not as you can’t!) – enjoy the fast.
- No Alcohol, Meat, Chocolate, or Delicacies (Daniel 10:3).
- Keep to plain foods.
- Fast for as long as you want: A day, a week, or the full six weeks.
- Focus on: Prayer, Worship and Scripture (Acts 13:1-3).
- Journal: Make notes on how you are getting on, what happens in your life
and what God does and says.