“Prayer Shot” – December summary
On Tuesday 7 December, a small group of Staff Team, Filling Station Hosts and guests, gathered to pray online, led by Hellie and Trevor. We prayed around the key theme of “Breath”. We also prayed that the power of God would be upon those stepping out for His Kingdom.
Hellie finished with a prayer, commissioning us to go out! As Jesus was sent and commissioned, let us be commissioned for His glory too! She prayed too that we would be filled with the presence of God and impact those around us.
Here’s our summary of this prayer meeting.
- Breath: Pray for physical life (health, numerical growth, places and people). Breathe new life into our communities and churches and homes!
- Breath: Pray for spiritual life (connection to God, sense of His presence)
- Job 33:4 – “The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” (Elihu to Job)
- Genesis 2:7 – “Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life: and man became a living being.”
- John 20:21 – ‘“Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” And with that, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”’ (Jesus)
Prophetic Words & Prayers
- The Power of Declaration – Naming the places where we want to see transformation: tangible things that reflect the kingdom of God being at work in the world, eg. marriages, homes, workplaces:
- Cheltenham, Bristol and Pill – We speak a blessing of Jesus over you – and that these three places will know the presence of God.
- Coastal Norfolk – We pray blessing over these areas. We pray for a mighty move of God’s spirit.
- Hastings, Battle and Eastbourne – God, have your hand on these towns – may the infection rate drop in these towns! Safeguard people.
- Border towns between Wales & England – God, bless the clergy leading! May these towns see your power.
- Cornwall – We pray for leaders to stand up and have a voice. For churches to return to the word of God. We want to see churches serving one another.
- Southampton & Devon – May churches want to reach out and grow more! May your spirit God go out into communities, for people to see you.
- Cumbria and The Lake District (Barrow and Kendal, the Furness area) – We pray the wind of God will blow in this county! We pray you, God, blow away the dregs of the opposition, and that you would breathe your life into the churches and into the believers. That you would open up the hearts of those that need you – you would work particularly powerful in these places. We pray that when people come to Cumbria, they will be turned to God. We pray for the industrial places: Sellafield, Barrow, Ulverston, Dalton, Carlisle.
- South London, Tooting – The Winstanley Estate – We thank you God for these places, and the Christians who have moved there, to invest time into the community. We pray that your light Jesus would shine there in the darkness and you’d change the Estate to being one of the darkest to one of the best. We declare community between different churches, and so there would be more connection and understanding about who you are and your saving power God. We pray for ‘Healing on the Streets’ – and that it would continue to make a difference. Would you light up those high streets with your love and light. And those in darkness would come to get some of that light too.
- Praying for the lost, those who are close to us/family
- Raising up a new generation – Young people who are bold about their faith in God.
Our final “Prayer Shot” this Winter is 8-9am, Tuesday 1 February 2022, with the same Zoom link. Please email Amanda for details.